Monday, October 15, 2007

Musings/Songs that are stuck in my head

So "Apologize" has been stuck in my head ALL day. Thank God it's a good song and one I never tire of hearing. It's just really powerful and stirs up all kinds of emotions within me. It's very....punchy. It's punchy in the sense that I want to punch the air (in a good way) as soon as he starts singing, "It's too late..." That's probably my top song right now.

In other news, lately I've been listening to playlists that I made over a year ago. They are kind of depressing/slower songs but still good. I love re-discovering music. It happens a lot since I have so much music.

Standouts today were:
"3x5" by John Mayer (the live in Birmingham version)

"Say Anything" by Good Charlotte
I can transport myself back to Sophomore year and everything that was happening at the time when I listen to this.

"Haley" by Needtobreathe

"Mourir Demain" by Pascal Obispo and Natasha St. Pierre
One of the most beautiful songs ever!

"When I Go Down" by Relient K
Today was really winter-y and this song just reminds me of winter for some reason. It's kind of depressing but so so so pretty. I love the guitar in the beginning. It's really understated and simple. Which I love.

"The Unwinding Cable Car" by Anberlin
This song is just so beautiful. I mean all the songs by Anberlin are amazing in their own way but this song is just divine. The guitar in this song is awesome and Stephen Patrick's voice is so haunting and melodic. It gives me chills. Especially the line, "You're so brilliant don't soon forget." It's something everyone needs to hear.

"Dismantle.Repair." by Anberlin
This has the best lyrics I've heard so far. "Hands like secrets are the hardest things to keep from you. Lines and phrases like knives your words can cut me through." Another chills-inducing song.

"Sunday Drive" by Early November
This song starts out soft and gradually becomes more intense. This song is driving around with Victor in his Cabriolet with the top down and just drowning in the music.

"Ex-Factor" by Lauryn Hill
One of my most favorite songs. One of the most tragically beautiful songs. Lauryn Hill's rich voice makes me feel like I know exactly what she is singing about and what she is feeling. A great song experience.

"Both Sides, Now" by Joni Mitchell
Aside from remembering the part in Love Actually, it's a great song. I love Joni Mitchell.

"Yellow" by Coldplay
This song is extraordinary and it always makes me feel. Not the same emotion but it's always a strong feeling. An amazing love song.

"A Second Home" by the Overnight
The band is one some friends in high school started. This song is so peaceful.

"I Could Fall In Love" by Selena
It's Selena. Need I say more?

No comments: